Thursday, March 27, 2008

Road Trip Reflection

Reflection

During Spring Break, some Brothers and some new members went around P.A. to check out some different chapter houses. This was a very fun experience. Our first stop was UPenn. UPenn was pretty amazing. Their house was historic and the Brothers were really cool. It was my first time seeing UPenn, so it was a different experience for me. The best part was being able to see how the chapter was different from us, but still the same. It was possible to see the common bond, of a Sig in any chapter. Our next stop was Penn State; all I would like to say about that, WOW! Their chapter house was quite impressive. The Greek Organizations at Penn State was impressive in its own self. At Rutgers, Greek Life is taken for granted, which is a big disappointment, but at Penn State and UPenn, it is a very important community. The brothers at Penn State were really awesome. It was here where I realized each chapter has its own traditions that make them stand out from the other Sigma Chi Chapters. I like this a lot, every Chapter is special in their different way. Another thing that stood out to me is how their alumni are very active. During our stay, we ran into an alumnus, which shows the dedication. I can only hope one day that I am the one who is able to help future Sigma Chi members, as the alumni who have helped us. Road trip was fun, and hopefully I will be able to do it again.



Posted By: Sagar Agrawal

No comments: